Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Wednesday Hair

Wednesdays are usually my day off. Because of a big conference at work, my schedule was changed and I have to work five days in a row.

It's only Wednesday and it's been rough. I'm so spoiled only having to work two days in a row at a time.

But this is a story about my hair. I only wash my hair twice a week if I can help it; more frequently if it is looking dirty. On Wednesdays, it tends to look dirty, so I braid it and put it up. Today I went in to work sporting my braided look.


I was on break, minding my own business, when a guy I don't know tells me he likes my hair. I smiled and said thank you. He went on to say, "You look like a Viking."

.........

........

Ummm......

I'm not sure what my face looked like, but the guy quickly tried to explain himself and got a little flustered, "You know, back in the day, when the ladies used to braid their hair...and stuff...."

I am going to assume positive intent and take the compliment.

But....a viking?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's cute! I wish I could braid mine like that, I also don't wash my hair often, but it's because mine is falling out - crazy pregnancy hormones are still reeking havoc on me! I don't do my hair anyways, but yours always looks pretty decent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you grown buff arm muscles since last I saw you? that is what I noticed from that Viking "How to Train Your Dragon" movie. The hair is very cute. Missed you wed btw.

    ReplyDelete