Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blankets for Megan

Most of my family lives in Phoenix. My brother Mike is in the marines and they have him stationed in North Carolina right now. One of my sisters lives in Texas with her husband and three (going on four) kids. Megan and family were in town this week for a visit. Pictures of the family to come later (I am feeling too lazy to download the pictures I have just yet). Here is a blanket I did, with help from my mom, for my sister Megan. It's been done for awhile and waiting for her birthday. I thought I was going to have to mail it to her, but since she was visiting I was able to see her face.

It is a rag blanket. I think it's fun. I really love the colors.

It's long enough for her to stretch out in and it will still cover her toes. A feature that I felt was required. I have a blanket my mom made for me that I snuggle under when I watch TV, and if it wasn't long enough to cover my toes it would drive me crazy.

My second gift for her was for her baby. I loved the duck blanket I made for my friend Larissa so much that I made another one.

She doesn't know if the baby is a girl or boy yet, so the duck blanket is appropriate either way.

2 comments:

  1. I love both! I'm glad you got to see your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both so much! Thanks Deidre you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete