Sunday, June 27, 2010

My week...and KEELEY!

It was a bit of a crazy week. I promised myself that since it was my last week of the two classes, I was going to get all my work done early.

Yeah, that didn't happen. I had to work last Saturday (hate working Saturdays, luckily it's only once every quarter) and when I came home I had a headache that just got worse. I was able to do some homework Sunday, thinking I could finish it up Monday, and that was fine because it wasn't due until Wednesday.

Monday Steve and Ellen came into town unexpectedly and wanted to hang out - which was so much fun, but threw me off my schedule. Because Tuesday I had plans to go to a Stampin' Up class with my mom and Kristi - again, so much fun, but that left me Wednesday to write two essays and four other mini-essays (discussion questions).

My BFF Keeley was in town this week, so we made plans for Wednesday - so Wednesday morning I cranked it out. I don't think I've ever written two essays and the other mini-essays that quickly in my life.

Let me just take a little moment to let out a sigh of relief - those two classes are OVER and DONE and I just have one class left, and then I have my MBA.

And one class after I just doubled up is going to be cake.

I took some pictures when Keeley came over; that girl is so stinkin cute. See for yourself.
The famous Italian sodas (thanks for introducing them to us, Katelyn and Brian!) I told Joseph he looked weird and we needed to take another picture.

In the second picture he looks like he wants to kill me.

The third picture was acceptable.

Air popped popcorn baby!

She is now back in CA and I miss that girl. We keep up through email.

This weekend I did a little homework (and by little I mean little, it's FABULOUS) and then Joseph reminded me that we needed to go to Office Max. He's had his eye on this desk, and it was on sale maybe a year ago. We had just made some big purchases, so we decided we would save up and keep on eye on the ads to see when it went on sale again. Good things come to those who wait!

Here is the old desk. Rather cluttered.

The old desk cleared off; a picture for Craigslist.



The desk in pieces. It took FOREVER to put together. There were only about 39 different pieces. And I'm pretty sure I hit some sort of record for injuries. I'm clumsy on a normal day, but with this project I managed to scrape up my leg (we're talking blood here), drop a screwdriver on my foot, and pinch my finger in a tight spot.

Joseph's new desk. See the side I can sit on?

This is the side of the desk I can sit on, and just turn around and access my scrapbooking/cardmaking stuff. It's going to be sooo nice to not have to sit on the floor!

1 comment:

  1. What did you do with the old one? Want to sell it to me for Brians office? :O)

    ReplyDelete