Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Discussion Between Old Married People

I know it's the day before Thanksgiving, but I've already been planning for Christmas. I freaking love Christmas.

I will just whisper "Christmaaaaaaaaas" and J will whisper it back because he has embraced my weirdness.

When I was a kid they only had one style of house lights. The old fashioned, colored, large bulbs. For nostalgic reasons, I had looked for those lights in years past but they didn't have them. Then once they did have them, they were dang expensive. So we got some of those LED lights that have got the job done.

Then Costco came out with super cheap lights. J knew of my love for the old lights and wanted to buy them. I told him no. Not only am I cheap, but I have perfectly good working lights and I don't need to buy new things when I don't need them. So we were in Costco discussing it, going back and forth.

The thing I love about J is that he is logical. It's pretty seldom that we both dig in our heels. We will debate the pros and cons, each present a side, and then someone agrees with the one that cared the most.

So after our discussion, we were both quiet for a moment. Then J grinned really big and said, "Yes! Thank you! We will get them!" and started putting the lights in the cart. I was surprised, because I had just made up my mind to give in but hadn't yet said anything.

He told me, "You sighed your little sigh of defeat that means you've given up."

I didn't even realize I did that. I kind of love that J notices these things about me that I don't notice myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment