Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Kristi's Sofa Table

Kristi was asking me about my sofa table (blog here). I told her it wasn't too expensive.

Kristi brought up the neighbor who had a big pile of wood out for the big trash pick up. I told her I had seen that pile and that J wouldn't let me stop.

So Kristi and I went (at 10:00 at night) and scoped it out for ourselves.



She has big plans for that board. But we got enough wood to build the base of the table. 

We just had to go to Home Depot to buy the top.


We got home, and started looking at the wood we had pulled out of the scrap pile. It was warped. So we went back to Home Depot and had to buy more pieces for the base. It took forever, because Kristi is a perfectionist. I think we looked at every single 2x2 in the pile. 

While we were building the table, Jett came over to play. Kristi built him a ramp to race his cars out of the warped wood.



Which ended up being brilliant, and I took the wood to use for my carnival games.




Kristi snapped this picture after he threw his snot rag at me. He was teasing and giggling.


And loving on his Kristi.


While I was slaving away. Being critiqued by the perfectionist. 






Looks fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite picture is her investigating underneath the table. Ha! I like completed projects. Sometimes I am nitpicky and others i am just content to be finished.

    ReplyDelete