Monday, August 31, 2015

Katelyn's Baby Shower

My bestie Katelyn is having a baby. You may remember her from this conversation. Or from this hat. Or this vacation.

We have had some good times.

I asked her if she was going to have a shower. She said she wasn't sure, because it is the second girl, and technically that is not allowed. But almost seven years later, she had no baby stuff.

So I threw the girl a shower.

First and most important: a theme. Katelyn told me to choose.

I chose the best theme ever. The theme I would have if I were to ever have a baby. If Disneyland brought this job back, I would seriously consider quitting my job, moving to an area with a Disneyland, and making them hire me.

Mermaids.


I photoshopped her an invite.

The day of, we picked up some balloons along with the cake. J was a huge help. 
I appreciate this man.


Tangent: We had found a little dog on the side of the road a couple weeks prior. I actually almost hit her and thought she was a rabbit. We brought her home and J's brother Jacob's wife Crystal fell in love with her. So Crystal has a new little dog. They asked if we could dog sit. The day of the shower, I had a two-year-old's birthday party to go to in the morning and I told J I couldn't be watching a little dog when I was hosting a baby shower. He said no problem, we'll put her in the bathroom for the birthday party, and then during the baby shower he would watch her.

Well the second half of that plan turned out alright.


I had just restocked the toilet paper in anticipation of guests.


This little dog did not want to be left alone.

Look at my adorable friends. I love them to pieces. Abby is in the middle and Katelyn is on the right.



The diaper raffle. My Mom made me that mermaid when I was really young; she has to be around 25 years old.


Jellyfish. I was able to borrow a lot of the decorations from my Mom, who had them saved from my ocean-themed wedding reception.


This was before the guests showed up; the gift table really filled up. 


More jellyfish and some netting. 


Katelyn's WONDERFUL mother-in-law Sherree brought the food, drinks, plates, napkins, and utensils. It is much less stressful when you're not throwing a shower all by yourself. 





I didn't get a close-up of the cake because I wasn't really happy with how it turned out, but it is the big sister in her mermaid swimsuit. I am not the only mermaid lover in the group!


The octopus on the shrimp dip.


Edible decorations include "seaweed" and "pearls."


Although it was a pain to put together, this treasure chest was my favorite.


Katelyn's mother in law provided the sandwiches and I provided the eyeballs to turn them into crabs.


My beautiful seashell dishes.





My house already has the ocean theme going on.










I am always amazed at how many people can fit in my tiny house. Having such large families on both sides ensures that J and I have plenty of creative seating.





My Mom posted that blanket on Facebook. Katelyn complimented it. And look where it ended up. I have the best Mom.


Someone got a present for Lily and she was in heaven.





The tiny humans waiting for the cake.








I really enjoyed hosting the baby shower but I am SO GLAD it is over!

This is my third shower. I also hosted for my sisters Shanna and Danielle.

1 comment: