Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Day with J

I told J I wanted some Sprinkles Cupcakes. But it's a bit of a drive and you kind of need a reason to drive out there. So he said we could go shopping.

Best. Idea. Ever.

It was a nice day of just wandering around. I did not find a rug for my living room (I'm "redecorating" but it's really getting nowhere) but we did get some tennis balls for the little dog. And we did have some interesting conversations.

J: Except for that one girl. You know...that one girl...
Me: Jennifer Lawrence?
J: Yes!
Me: Why did I know that? You gave no clues.

****

Me: Oh look, mushrooms. (I love the little garden decorations.)
J: Do you like those because they look like penises?
Me:....I think you have ruined mushrooms for me.

****

Me: One of the rugs I'm looking at is jute, and I'm worried it will be rough. Do you know what jute is?
J: *scoffing* Of course I know what jute is. It's in one of my games, I use it as a building material....I just didn't realize it was real.


No comments:

Post a Comment