Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Fur Children

I got suckered into getting a puppy. I almost feel bad for my old man dog Micah. And a little for Lilly the cat.

My poor little Marley has been missing since before Christmas. I really hope someone just stole her. She was a BEAUTIFUL cat. Everyone commented on her beauty. I would rather her be happy somewhere than eaten by a coyote.



I really miss this cat. She was our first baby.

So we were down to two little fur children. My plan was to let Micah live out the rest of his life and then see what happened. I really liked being able to give a homeless dog a home. I feel like I'm making a small difference in the world. 

Then my baby sister Breezy started texting me. I said no. My Mom started telling me how adorable and sweet this little girl is and how she needs a good home.

I am a sucker for little fur children.

I told Breezy I was worried about my old man dog and my cat. We could try out the little dog for a test period.

I'm pretty sure Breezy knew I would be hooked and never return the little dog. I believe in forever homes. Animals aren't trash you just get tired of and give away. I try really hard not to judge people - live your life how you want as long as you're not hurting anyone - but giving animals away (especially if they end up in a shelter) IS HURTING SOMEONE. Might not be a human but it's a little spirit with its own personality.

Rant over. Let me get back to introducing our little bear. Her name, Osa, means she-bear.








Here she is with her new brother Micah.


She looooooves the water.



We got her a collar with a rose on it and I just love it.


I got Micah a bunny because I think he felt a little left out since Osa got some new toys. Osa keeps stealing it the little stinker.


Don't let the picture fool you. He just tolerates her. She is a little too rambunctious for his liking. I think once she calms down and grows up a little they will be good friends. I am trying to make sure Micah still gets plenty of attention since I give a lot of attention to the little dog. She is now house trained (fingers crossed, no accidents inside in a few days) and is learning she is not allowed in the bedroom. She has a problem with nipping and I'm working on that. Once she has her shots I'm going to make sure she's introduced to other dogs and well socialized.

I take being a fur mother very seriously. So serious that I make sure I get Mother's Day presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment