Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Jett's Baby Pictures

This was harder than I thought it was going to be. I was fooled into thinking that since my sister Danielle has a good baby, it would be cake.

No cake.

I can see it from the baby's standpoint. You don't want someone moving you around and putting a hat on your head when you're trying to sleep.

I am so glad that the pictures turned out adorable....I may have been a bit anxious.

Just a few:



Post for making the moon bed here.





I found this bed at Goodwill for $5 and stained it. Best find ever.









I just love this face.








I did get some good grumpy faces. And that first one where he is smiling - oh, it just swells my heart.

This was the weekend before Joseph's birthday. It was a crazy weekend.

Saturday morning I woke up to maggots in my house. EVERYWHERE. I almost threw up. I blame Jacob. He had left the back door open and didn't close the screen so we had a ton of flies. Even laid-back Joseph commented on the excessive fly population.

Well, they laid eggs in my trash. Those eggs hatched and the maggots made a run for it.

It was probably the nastiest thing I have ever dealt with. And that includes when little Jett had a poop explosion during the photo shoot.

It took a few hours to round up and completely annihilate all of the grossness. Joseph had to leave; he tried to help as best he could, but he was already late to go to my Dad's house, where my Dad was going to help change his shocks (shout out to the best dad ever, saved us hundreds of dollars).

So I dealt with the maggots and sanitizing my house. Then I had a self defense class. Which was awesome but all three friends I had lined up to go with me bailed.

They do partnering in that class. One person holds you and the other breaks free. There is one where the other person sits on top of you and you have to flip them. I still haven't decided if a stranger I'm never going to see again was better than a friend/sister putting their elbow in my sternum and brushing against my lady parts.

I ended that class with a migraine. Which meant I couldn't hang out with Brian and Katelyn, who have since left to Chicago for summer pest control sales. Super lame. (We did hang out another time, but still. Quality time is quality time.)

The next day I went to take photos of Danielle's little baby and it took all day. Because of the aforementioned lack of cooperation from a newborn. I was still at her house when my friend texted me to ask if I was still picking up that futon.

CRAP. Totally forgot. Friend had posted on FB that a free futon was up for grabs, so I snagged it for my sister Shanna.

Because I am the best friggin sister ever.

I had to run home, drop off all the baby stuff, drive to Goodyear which is a good 45 minutes away, get lost because the address was wrong, swing by the guard gate (soooo glad there was a guard gate with a helpful guard), get proper directions, pick up the futon, and then go to my Mom's house where we celebrated Easter a week early by painting cookies with frosting and dying Easter eggs.

My hair was a mess because I hadn't had time to shower and it was fourth day dirty. My Mom was taking photos for FB.

It was a crazy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment