Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Weekend I Didn't Do Anything I Wanted To Do

Joseph made me go camping on Friday. I kind of hate camping. Who decided it would be fun to hang out in the dirt with no running water? But I go because J likes it and I like J...

He made sure I ate before we went. Because he knows I get grumpy when I'm hungry and he knew it would be awhile before we had our tinfoil dinners. But oh man, I do love tinfoil dinners. And s'mores. It was almost worth having to use one of those port-a-potties five times in a 17 hour period - once at two in the morning in the pitch black and frigid cold (no, I'm not pregnant, I just pee like I am).

We took our little dog Micah up there. He was pretty well behaved; did his quiet little bark that sounds like he's sneezing a couple times, but mostly he was just happy to be near us and pee on the trees.

There was an incident when we first got up to the campground. J drove through the area, saw a spot, wanted to see if there was a spot further back, there wasn't, so he drove back around and parked in the original spot. I got out of the car and started to open the trunk. That's when I heard the yelling. Everyone in the campground could hear the yelling. "HEY. THERE IS A SPEED LIMIT OF ZERO MILES PER HOUR." I was confused. I looked around and spotted a tiny grey-haired woman running toward me. She continued to yell in a voice that I am sure was scaring away the wildlife within 50 miles of the campsite. I couldn't tell if she was joking or if she was being serious. Did she realize zero miles per hour is not moving at all? Nope, I realized she was serious, and she was still yelling about how we were going so fast the ground is torn up. I started to curl my lip in preparation to say something rude to her but then I noticed the clipboard. Hmm. She was probably in charge of the place. As much as I didn't want to be there, J would be upset if we had to leave. Better not say anything snarky even though she was being ridiculous. So I just continued to stare at her as she got closer to me and she continued yelling. When she gets close enough to see my face she stopped yelling. Because I was looking at her like I can't believe how crazy you are woman. We had a silent stand-off for a few seconds and I quietly said, "OK" in a tone that clearly said, "Do you need to take your medication?" She calmed down after that and asked us if we were going to have a fire and if we needed water. I just continued to stare at her and made J talk to her. I didn't appreciate being yelled at when I wasn't the driver. We referred to her as the Nazi campground lady after that. She made J move his car three feet, then later told him he could park in the original spot. When he left and came back with firewood and parked in the original spot, she had a problem with him parking there again. She was crazy.

We had to be back Saturday in time for Cindi's baby shower. That's the first baby shower I've been to where the mother-to-be was drinking (they're adopting). It was a fun party; it wasn't like a normal baby shower and that was nice. I feel like I've been to 37 baby showers and I'm kind of tired of them.

Sunday I woke up feeling like death. I had a sore throat, a running nose, and monstrous period cramps. I was useless Sunday. Luckily after sitting around all morning and afternoon, I started to feel better. So I did make it to Sunday night dinner. Which was good, because I really needed to wash my underwear at my Mom's house seeing as how I still do not have a washer. Nothing on my to do list was accomplished. Maybe I'll get a washer next weekend. Until then, at least I have clean underwear.


2 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad I wasn't driving zero MPH? Now we'll forever have the campground nazi story to tell. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately some people just can't interpret the tones. LOL!

    ReplyDelete