Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tag and Joseph

When Marley had her kittens, a stray black, orange, and white cat started showing up and watching them through the back door. I started putting a little food out for him. Through his behavior I learned that he was definitely not a stray, but a wild cat. He was small, had a broken tail, and part of his left ear missing. I named him Tag because he wouldn't let anyone get near him. It took me a year and a half, but eventually he let me pet him. I would have to be crouched down by the back door, with it open just enough, and I had to be inside and he was outside. He had very specific rules, but he seemed to enjoy the contact. I really loved having him as my wild outside cat. Sometimes he would be waiting for me in the front yard after work. When I drove up he would take off, jump the fence to the backyard, and then sing to let me know he was at the back door ready for his food.

I knew my little Taggers for three years. And he has disappeared. I was pretty depressed for awhile. Joseph tried to bribe me with different things, but mostly he just kept me company while I moped. I don't think he's coming back. I am really sad that I don't have a good picture of him. I really should have taken a video of him singing at the back door. I really miss that sound.

Joseph has done everything he can to cheer me up. We have a NY trip coming up and he forced me to go shopping for new clothes. I told him I did not have any allowance left, but he took me out anyway. There were a few things that happened that I wanted to document. I like going back and reading my blogs like they're little journals.

I was eyeing a cute dress that I didn't really need. I already had a stack of new shirts, and a cheaper dress. Joseph told me to get it. I protested because of the price. He leaned over, looked me in the eyes, and whispered, "You're worth it."

When we were done shopping, I thanked Joseph, and told him, "Now I will be cute on the trip." He said, "You already were."

There's part of me that is hoping that Tag will be at the back door singing when we get back from our trip. It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment