Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Circus

About a month ago I was watching a documentary on the circus and immediately wanted to go. I did an internet search and found out that I had just missed one by a month. I couldn't find anything indicating there would be another soon.

I was bummed.

About a week ago we stopped at the corner Walgreens to get some ice cream and I spotted a flyer on the counter. What was it advertising? THE CIRCUS. I told Joseph it would be so much fun to go. And could we please take my three nephews?

I have such a great hubby.


Some delicious (and quite expensive) food to start.



This was our view from our seats. They had the ring open before the show and during intermission to ride the elephant, get your face painted, or jump in one of those inflatable jumping castles. It was all quite expensive, so we sat in our seats waiting for the show to start. The next few pictures aren't very good because the lights were off during the show.

A contortionist.

Two tight-rope walkers, sitting on chairs. One of them fell (twice!) and managed to save himself by hooking his leg around the wire, and he spun around. It was very nerve-wracking.

Tigers jumping through hoops lit on fire.

Hanging out during intermission.




I took other pictures of the trapeze artists, the magic show, the motorcyclists in the iron cage, etc., but those pictures really didn't turn out.

The show was over and we were walking back to our cars. Can you believe how tall this kid is? I love that he threw his arm around his mom.

After the circus we came back to our house for a sleepover. It was a little crazy (with three boys, it was to be expected) but they said they had a lot of fun.

Jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath.

They kept themselves pretty entertained throwing a ball around the house, playing video games, helping me paint my trunk (another blog post when it's finished), and teasing each other. It was a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I can't believe how big your nephews are getting!!! Austin and Shana's little boy (for some reason I can't remember his name...it's right there and then I try to grab onto it and it goes away. Do you know what I'm talking about?) look pretty similar, but (OOOHH! Tallen right? Did I get it?) Matthew (now I'm questioning all of their names...) looks WAY different! Sorry if that was really confusing. I wrote it exactly how I thought it, HAHA!

    ReplyDelete