Friday, September 23, 2016

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways

J, I love you because...

...you dance with me. Slow dances. Fast silly dances with a lot of hip shaking. I love that you aren't afraid to be silly with me.

...you take care of me. You ask if I need anything. You make sure I have water when I'm camped out watching TV. You make delicious dinners. You make me cookie dough even though you grumble about it.

...you can tell when something is important to me. Even if it's something you were against at first, you would support it if I had my heart set.

...you don't get mad when I'm grumpy. You laugh at me, which helps shake me from my mood. You shake your head and you make that face that tells me I am amusing you.

...you love the little fur children and worry about them like I do.

...you are such a hard worker. I am proud of how you taught yourself to code and how to build websites. How you continue to learn and don't give up.

...you ask me out on dates.

...you tell me you appreciate me.

...you don't judge me. I can tell you anything. I can tell you the deepest darkest secret and you always make me feel like you understand.

...you can read my mind. Or rather, my face. I love when you ask me a question and only have to look at my face and already have the answer.

...you laugh at my stupid Nacho Libre joke. Every time.

...when you hurt my feelings you apologize sincerely. You don't try to argue with me, you don't tell me I'm wrong, and you don't invalidate my feelings.



...you are easy to live with. You are very considerate and respect me. When I want something cleaned, you help. When I want to do a house project, you help.

...when I take you to parties where you don't know anyone you go and make friends.

...when we pick up Talon you talk to him about games and Pokemon.

...you are respectful and check with me before doing things like rearranging the office even though the office is your domain.

...when I jokingly asked for a bedtime story you made up the best story about frogs on the spot. And have continued to make up awesome frog stories.

...that one time when I just smiled at you, and you said, "You did something nice and I need to appreciate you." And you were exactly right and could tell that from my FACE.

...you make my heart happy.

I can't believe I have loved you for over a decade. Happy ten year anniversary my Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment