Sunday, June 16, 2013

I'm Melting, Melting....

For my parents' anniversary last year I gave them this coupon:

My Mom and Dad had their front and back doors replaced awhile back, and both areas were in need of paint.

Next time they get a coupon for outside work, there will be an asterisk that says we are not working in weather over 90 degrees. It was 105 yesterday. But who's complaining, I got a little sun.


I didn't get a proper "before" shot. The door was already prepped. But you can see the stucco patch where it obviously doesn't match. The door and window (covered by plastic and paper) were unpainted.



The portion of painting where the stucco was sprayed took about 5 minutes. It was the prep and clean-up that took forever. Not to mention, it was a bit messy. We painted the doors with rollers/brushes.


 But just look at the after. It looks fabulous. We went to over for Sunday night family dinner (and Father's Day of course) and when we left, we stood and admired it for a second. It looks 100 times better.


Here is the back door.




Joseph said, "Next time you want to get your parents a coupon, let's buy them something instead."

We're not even done, the interior doors and trim still needs to be painted.

My husband is the best. He spent his whole Saturday painting for his in-laws. He is a keeper.

1 comment: