Sunday, June 10, 2012

Beginning of June Randomness

We've been keeping busy.

Swimming in my mom's pool. Watching movies. Going to the library to get books. Working. Designing a graduation card for my sister. Taking the old bricks from my yard and giving them to my mom, so she can put them along her fence to keep the killer neighbor dog away from her dogs. Hanging out with friends. Missing Katelyn, and sending out positive thoughts that she does well selling in Chicago for three months.

We bought a tool chest. Which did not come with assembly instructions.

I guess they figure if you have a need for a tool chest you have enough experience and can figure it out yourself.

And I did.

We took all the curtains down and washed them (that's why you can see the window in this picture). Got rid of about 12 pounds of cat hair.

You think I'm joking.

The trick is to use the "fluff dry" setting on the dryer and not use heat. If you use heat the curtains will shrink. And they won't shrink to the same size. I learned that the hard way. I'm not going to show you though; if you ever come one I'll just hope you don't notice. Because I'm too cheap to buy new curtains. I'd rather buy a facial treatment. Or new shoes. Or pogo sticks from Goodwill.


I thought this cabinet was locked and there were no keys to unlock it. I was going to pick the lock, but first examined the locks on the other two pieces to see which way it turned and where the pins were located. It wasn't locked. There was a large metal bar securing it closed. Once the bar was removed the drawers opened. It was weird. And a manual would have helped. But like I said, I figured it out.


This picture doesn't have to do with anything, except I cracked up when I saw it.


And we visited the cutest boy in the world, HP's son. If you think J looks weird, that's because he didn't want to hold the baby. He tries to stay away from babies.


Look at his cute little feet!


And his tiny ears! What a sweet baby.


1 comment:

  1. He's adorable!!! Seriously adorable! And not only do we miss Katelyn, but we miss you guys too. Let's hang out soon!!

    P.S. I did the same thing with my curtains :)

    ReplyDelete