Friday, April 15, 2011

Shoes

I've developed a love for shoes. I didn't always like shoes. I'm pretty sure I made it through my undergrad in the same pair of Vans... Things changed when I graduated and got my first "real" job. It's a running joke that in order to be hired into my department, you have to be attractive. I work with very beautiful ladies, and they know how to shop!

Here are some of my favorite shoes...and the ones that get me the most compliments.

Normally I am not a fan of toe cleavage, but I couldn't resist these.

I call these my Deni shoes. They are not anything I would have looked at twice in the box, but she tried them on first and they are FABULOUS. Lucky for me they didn't fit her well, so I snagged them. She reminds me of my sister Kristi. Kristi will go shopping and notice people following her, picking up things she picks up. I have to shop with people who have good taste and a good eye, because I don't seem to see the full potential. The last time I wore these shoes I got three compliments in one day.

These are getting old and a little scuffed, but they are sooo comfy.

Ditto with these shoes. I like to wear these with an all black outfit .

The heel on these is perfect for my too-long pants. I am too cheap to get them hemmed.

I really love shoes that can go with skirts or jeans.

I had to throw these in here. My Zumba shoes. Light and airy and perfect for dancing.

And all of these shoes were either already a bargain or on clearance!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I was with you when you got the red ones...was I? They look VERY familiar. I love them and the boots too. I can totally imagine the full body Deidre pose for that picture, haha! Fun blog! I just take mental pictures of whatever my co-worker Jean wears and try to find things similar to it when I shop. Seriously, she's one of, if not THE most trendy person I've ever seen in real life. Some people just have a knack for those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Katelyn! I just wear flip flops all the time : (
    *I'm too cheap to get my pants hemmed too. I wore holes in them and then bryan hemmed them the other day (because I'm sewing impaired) and they ended up a bit too short (though he did a beautiful job)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love love lo e the second ones down! I love all the colors in them and since we have about the same size feet.. don't be surprised if you wake up in the morning to find your back door mysteriously open and those shoes missing. :) xo love you to bits~ kate

    ReplyDelete