Friday, July 23, 2010

The Shredder

Joseph told me he broke the shredder. I looked at it and saw about an inch of paper crammed in there. I looked back at him and asked if he had noticed the warning that said a six paper limit. His eyes got really big and he asked if I was mad at him? No, not mad. Then he asks me if I can fix it.

I got some pliers and got a nice chunk out. There was still a bit wedged in there so I got some tweezers. It was too tight.

I had to take it apart.




I'm pretty sure my dad would be proud.

Getting it apart was not easy. I had to turn the small screwdriver with my pliers and it took patience. The shredder works, but it makes an interesting grinding noise. I think if it could talk, it would be grumbling at Joseph for trying to kill it.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Deidre! I've had to take the tweezers, scissors and various other small grabby objects to our shredder too. Never tried to take it apart though. I'm impressed! I think it's sweet that Joe has that confidence in you too. I promise to reply to your email tomorrow. Sorry it's taken so long. P.S. I think you look super cute in these pictures. I'm jealous of your long, beautiful, thick hair!!! Love you tons and miss you even more! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.S. You should go to my blog and look at the Ucreate link that I follow. There is a tutorial for these cute baby hats. They're knitted or crocheted. Whatever they are they are stinkin cute.... Didn't you say you were looking for something new to knit? When I saw them I thought of you. Okay, that's all for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a talent at fixing and repairing things! I probably would have thrown it out and bought a new one! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I'm the one that breaks everything! Ian is my handyman. Good thing Joe has you! Doesn't the shredder thing have a reverse button. That's how Ian fixed my mistake in the past... Just a thought to keep for next time (oh yes there will be a next time! ;>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I tried the reverse button! I'm a professional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you know you can't let that confidential information fall into the hands of any stranger that will possibly get you into trouble, your best option is to shred them to pieces. best paper shredder

    ReplyDelete