Saturday, December 19, 2009

My beautiful mermaid

My darling husband told me I could do whatever I wanted in the guest bedroom. So, of course, it has a mermaid theme. I really wanted a mermaid painted on the wall but I have no artistic talent. Enter: Stephanie. My little sister Stephanie is very talented. Check out these pictures and you will agree with me.


The outline.


I had an idea of how I wanted the mermaid to look; I found a picture online so that's my Macbook open to the picture.


I love her hair.



Steph worked really hard on my mermaid and you can tell. She did a some different color blending and shading and it really pops. If anyone needs something painted on a wall (nursery?) she's willing to charge like $50. That's ridiculously low if you ask me, but she's still in college, so I think it'll help build up her portfolio.

3 comments:

  1. lol, you're awesome and Joseph must be really cool to let you have a mermaid room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let her know that I will be giving her a call. I am painting Regens room light pink and I got her a super cute pink bedspread that has cute owls on it. She is obsessed with owls and I want to have like a brown tree paints in the corned of the room with an owl on it. I will give her 100 bucks cause it will be two things

    ReplyDelete